MICHAEL K. RUBERG
Mike's practice focuses on estate planning and probate administration, including complex matters involving multiple heirs, contested estates, asset protection, corporations and real estate. Mike has experience as corporate counsel for several corporations and LLCs in Northern Kentucky. He has defended various individuals regarding criminal matters as well as represented plaintiffs regarding personal injuries.
As a lifelong resident of Northern Kentucky, Mike is very active with the community and routinely volunteers for organizations such as St. Agnes Church, Housing Opportunities of Northern Kentucky, Inc., St. Charles Care Center and PrimeWise through St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Mike frequently speaks regarding estate planning and probate to various community organizations.
PROBATE: Michael K. Ruberg is experienced in representing executors, administrators and various family members in Probate matters in Kentucky and Ohio for the past 34 years. Michael has handled intricate and complex estates involving numerous assets, real estate and business holdings, as well as smaller estates before the probate courts in Ohio and Kentucky.
ESTATE PLANNING: Whether complex or simple, Michael specializes in tailoring a complete estate plan for his clients, with careful consideration of their individual needs, assets, family dynamics, Medicaid issues, family members with special needs, Veteran's benefits and charitable contributions.
CORPORATE COUNSEL: Michael acts as corporate counsel for various corporations and LLCs in Kentucky and Ohio, offering legal services, advice and assisting in corporate documents, employment situations, real estate matters and various other needs of his corporate clients.
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Corporate/Business Succession
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Kentucky, 1983
- Ohio, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- O'Hara Ruberg Taylor Sloan & Sergent, Partner
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. - 1982
- Thomas More College, Crestview Hills, Kentucky
- B.A. - 1978
- Major: Business Administration, Associates in Economics and Computer Science
Classes & Seminars
- Layman’s Guide to Estate Planning, St. Barbara Church, 2017
- Layman’s Guide to Estate Planning, Northern Kentucky Association of Paralegals, 2016
- Wills for First Responders, Cincinnati Paralegal Association / Northern Kentucky Association of Paralegals, 2014 to Present
- Living Wills and M.O.S.T., Primewise at St. Elizabeth Healthcare, 2012 to Present
- Estate Planning Documents in Kentucky, Kentucky Paralegal Association / Northern Kentucky Association of Paralegals, 2013
- Planning for Incapacity, Madonna Manor, 2012 to 2013
- Advanced Directives, Full Circle with St. Elizabeth Healthcare Hospice, 2012
- Living Wills and Healthcare Documents, St. Charles Care Center, 2010 to 2013
- Building the Kentucky Paralegal from the Ground Up, Bench & Bar, 2012
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Delta Alpha
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Probate Section, 2010 to Present
- Estate Planning Council of Northern Kentucky, 2010 to Present
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Estate Planning Section, 1985 to Present
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member, 2018 to Present