Donald J. Ruberg
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. - 1976
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B.A. - 1973
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Education Law
- Insurance Defense
- Kentucky, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1976
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Supreme Court of Kentucky, 1976
SCHOOL LAW: Donald J. Ruberg brings over four decades of school law experience, specializes in handling complex Education School Law matters and Insurance Defense involving schools and school employees across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Donald specializes in representation of school boards at a local level with special education, due process, certified/classified employee discipline, student discipline, contracts, construction and all other areas of school law. As a member of the various school insurance defense panels, Donald has handled hundreds of litigation matters as part of the insurance defense team for boards of education across the Commonwealth.
SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW: Donald is frequently asked to speak and train regarding special education matters including IDEA/504 Plans, FERPA, sexual misconduct, bullying/harassment, school safety, student discipline and employee discipline matters.
- Saint Pius X Parish
- Beechwood Independent Schools
- Bracken County Schools
- Fort Thomas Independent School
- Grant County Schools
- Harrison County Schools
- Ludlow Independent Schools
- Walton-Verona Independent Schools
- Central Lawn Care Turf Management, LLC
- Emerge Technologies, LLC
- Ginter Electric
- LAP Laser, LLC
- Schleper Development, Inc.
- Spati Industries, Inc.
- O’Hara, Ruberg, Taylor, Sloan & Sergent , Partner
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association , Past Chair of Education Law Section
- Council of School Board Attorneys, Member and Past President
- National School Boards Association , Council of School Attorneys
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Member and Past Chair of Education Task Force
- Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence
- Hanover Insurance Group, Defense Panel Membership
- WRM Insurance, Defense Panel Membership
Current Employment Position
- Attorney Partner